The Italian Government has issued some measures on the containment and management of the epidemiological emergency from COVID-19, applicable on the whole national territory.
What can I do to protect myself?
Stay informed about the spread of the pandemic, available on the WHO website and on the ministry website, and take the following personal protection measures:
- wash your hands often;
- avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections;
- avoid hugs and handshakes;
- maintaining, in social contacts, an interpersonal distance of at least one meter;
- respiratory hygiene (sneezing and / or coughing in a handkerchief avoiding hand contact with respiratory secretions);
- avoid the promiscuous use of bottles and glasses;
- do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands;
- cover your mouth and nose if you sneeze or cough;
- do not take antiviral drugs and antibiotics, unless they are prescribed by your doctor;
- clean the surfaces with chlorine or alcohol based disinfectants;
- use the mask when you are in public areas
- If you have a fever, cough or breathing difficulty and suspect that you have been in close contact with a person with Covid-19 respiratory disease: stay at home, do not go to the emergency room or doctors' offices but call your family doctor, pediatrician or medical guard on the phone. Use the emergency numbers 112/118 only if strictly necessary.